Tuesday, June 19, 2012

ABC's The Glass House - TV Review

CBS is suing this show because they say it's too similar to Big Brother. Well, they have a point.  It is very similar.  The main differences are that instead of the Chenbot, Glass House features an actual HAL-9000 lady voice as host, and most of the walls are glass.  Also, America votes out whichever houseguest each week.

So in a show like this, it comes down to casting, and there are some likeable people in there, and then there's Alex, a guy determined to be the "next great reality-TV villain."  He thinks if he's insulting to everyone, America will find that entertaining and keep him.  My guess is he's toast next week. Someone didn't learn the lesson of Will Mega.

Am I addicted?  No.  I might keep tabs on how it's doing, because I can have an addictive personality when it comes to things like that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think it would be a better move for Alex to pull pranks on people and things like that to be the best villain. Being rude and a jerk to everyone are just going to make everyone hate him and vote him out. I know I want him to leave the house and it was only the first episode. I feel sorry for the other houseguests that have to put up with him. I didn’t hear about this show until a co-worker from Dish told me to check it out. I am a huge fan of Big Brother so she thought I would like this show. Since it was automatically recorded using PrimeTime Anytime on the Hopper, I was able to watch it this morning while I was getting ready for work. I enabled the AutoHop feature and was able to skip right over the ads, which saved me 20 minutes this morning to do other things. I can’t wait to see what is going to happen since Jacob took himself out of the game.