Wednesday, July 18, 2012
Random Movie Stuff - 7/18/12
Finding Nemo. It's set for a 2016 release date. Pixar has Monsters University set for 2013, The Good Dinosaur for 2014, and Inside the Mind and Dia de Los Muertos for 2015.
- Anthony Mackie (The Hurt Locker, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter) is in talks to play the Falcon in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, starring Chris Evans. The Falcon helps the Captain fight crime via a special suit that helps him fly and enhances his strength. He can also communicate telepathically with birds.
- Amanda Plummer (Pulp Fiction) has joined the cast of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire as Wiress, a veteran tribute from the Games. Her character is nicknamed "Nuts."
- Johnny Depp will next star in The Grand Budapest Hotel for director Wes Anderson (Moonrise Kingdom, The Royal Tenenbaums). With his Thin Man reboot on hold, it'll be his next movie after The Lone Ranger.
- Robin Williams will play Dwight D. Eisenhower in The Butler, based on the true story of Eugene Allen, who served as butler in the White House from the administrations of Harry Truman through Ronald Reagan. Alan Rickman will play Reagan, James Marsden will play JFK, and John Cusack will play Richard Nixon. The cast also includes Forest Whitaker, Oprah Winfrey, Nicole Kidman, Melissa Leo, Jane Fonda, Terrence Howard, Cuba Gooding Jr., Alex Pettyfer and Zac Efron. Lee Daniels (Precious) will direct.
- Kevin Kline is joining Robert DeNiro, Michael Douglas and Morgan Freeman in Last Vegas, about four old friends who decide to have a bachelor party in Vegas for the one of them who's always remained single. Jon Turtletaub (National Treasure) will direct.
- Vince Vaughn will produce and star in Gunslingers, about some iconic Wild West heroes who find themselves in modern-day Los Angeles.
- And here's a viral video for After Earth. Directed by M. Night Shyamalan, it's a futuristic actioner where Earth has been abandoned and humanity has moved to a new planet, Nova Prime. Will Smith and Jaden Smith play a father and son who go back to visit the now unknown, dangerous Earth.