Box office numbers for July 6.
1. The Amazing Spider-Man - $20.7 million ($95.72) - 4 days
2. Ted - $10.5 ($98.15) - 8 days
3. Brave - $6.24 ($160.6) - 15 days
4. Magic Mike - $6.14 ($63.32) - 8 days
5. Savages - $5.6 - 1 day
6. Madea's Witness Protection - $3.42 ($39.07) - 8 days
7. Katy Perry: Part of Me - $2.71 ($5.8) - 2 days
8. Madagascar 3 - $2.33 ($190.65) - 29 days
9. Moonrise Kingdom - $1.37 ($23.63) - 43 days
10. To Rome with Love - $.86 ($2.62) - 15 days
Spidey's opening is strong, but not when you compare it to the previous Spider-Man movies. It'll still be profitable and warrant a sequel.
Ted's looking strong in its second week, as is Brave in its third. Brave should still pass $200 million, but it'll be interesting to see what its drop is when Ice Age 4 arrives.
Savages did fine. It's a B-movie with the bigger names in the supporting roles, and my understanding is it changed the ending of the book on which it's based for the worse. Katy Perry: Part of Me shows that maybe the time of the concert film is coming to a close.
Woody Allen's To Rome with Love opened wider, and it will not get Midnight in Paris business.
For what it's worth, I hear Moonrise Kingdom is considered a dark horse candidate for a Best Picture nomination this year. Haven't seen it yet myself.