Thursday, April 29, 2010

Why is Pixar doing sequels?

Is there any studio that has more successfully merged creativity and financial success than Pixar? Each year they seem to top themselves. The Incredibles. Ratatouille. Wall-E. Up.

I can understand the pull to do Toy Story 3, but I am disappointed that rather than continue with original stories, Pixar is doing Cars 2 and Monsters Inc 2. Both were good movies, but I'd put them in the bottom half of Pixar's output, and now they both gets sequels? Why?

No studio has the brand-name trust of Pixar. So why not keep pushing creativity? I'm excited for upcoming projects like Brave and Newt. I'll see anything Pixar does, and I'm sure they'll be good. But why Cars 2 and Monsters Inc 2?

And if they must, why not The Incredibles 2 instead?

No comments: