Monday, September 26, 2011

Cinematically Speaking 9/26

Old Movie I Finally Saw

WHAT'S UP, TIGER LILY? (1966) - Figured I needed to see Woody Allen's directorial debut. And it's dated, very dated. I'm sure it was pioneering for its humor in 1966. But MST3K has since refined what this movie is going for, so let's just say it's of its time, and it has a couple funny spots, but I'd rather listen to Crow and Tom Servo riff this movie. I was also interested to read afterwards that the inserts of the Lovin' Spoonful's songs were against Woody's wishes.

Old Movie I've Never Seen


BRUBAKER (1980) - I've been curious about this Robert Redford flick. I enjoy the corrupt-system melodrama the 1970's produced. This has Yaphet Kotto, Jane Alexander, Morgan Freeman, David Keith, and bonus points for character-actor icons M. Emmet Walsh, Wilford Brimley, Noble Willingham and Everett McGill. (If J.T. Walsh was in it, that would've sealed my deal to see it a decade ago.) I know it's from the director Cool Hand Luke. Is it worth hunting down now?

No comments: