Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Cinematically Rambling - 2/22/12

If they ever remake Belle de Jour, Cillian Murphy would be really good as that tool with a cane... The overhype and underhype of The Artist has been such a roller-coaster that I fear I will be surprised and disappointed at the same time.  But my gut tells me Jean Dujardin is no Roberto Begnini....

It's a good thing that John Carter is coming out before Attack of the Clones in 3-D.  I know Lucas got that idea from John Carter of Mars for the arena fighting, but most people watching John Carter are going to get to that scene and think "This is just like Attack of the Clones."...

Who are some actors that make you more iterersted in seeing a movie?  And by that, I mean you can hear the plot or one or two of the stars, but then you hear So-and-So's in it, and you're like, "I have to see it now."...

Ciaran Hinds is one such actor for me.  I think of his work in Munich and Amazing Grace and Tinker Tailot Soldier Spy and The Debt and HBO's Rome and The Woman in Black.  He almost tempts me to see Ghost Rider 2....

I get the profit-impact of piracy, but it isn't the same as shoplifting.  The internet moves too freely and too fast, and corporations, instead of trying to clamp down on the internet and suppress freedom like Orwellian tiger, they need to innovate and find ways to best funnel this info...

No comments: