Saturday, September 11, 2010

CW's Hellcats - TV Review


Not bad, but not good. It's Bring It On: The Series. They even have the lead put in a Bring It On DVD to watch. A tough girl studying law finds out she's lost her scholarship so she desperately tries out for the college cheerleading squad in hopes of getting a scholarship there. I have no temptation to watch Episode 2 but I'm not its audience. High School Musical's Ashley Tisdale's gone brunette as a perky perfectionist caricature, and Battlestar Galactica's Aaron Douglas even walks through as the athletic director. Where did it lose me? When Tough Girl improvises her own dance moves during try-outs and the coach marvels like she's just discovered the next Janet Jackson. Teen girls should enjoy the drama. I wonder what my brother who was on a national cheerleading championship team would think...

No comments: