Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Wild Target - DVD Review

ll

Starring Bill Nighy, Emily Blunt, Rupert Grint, Rupert Everett, Eileen Atkins and Martin Freeman. Directed by Jonathan Lynn.

This wacky British comedy is buoyed here and there by its cast, but as a whole it never comes together. Seems like a movie centered on a hitman shouldn't be so light-hearted.

I like Bill Nighy, but do I believe he's a seasoned hitman here? No. Granted it's a comedy, so I should expect it to be no more realistic than Grosse Point Blank, but no, never really bought into what they were selling. And who's the scary, steely hitman who shows up later? Martin Freeman. You remember him from BBC's The Office or Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? Yeah, that guy.

I imagine everyone involved had fun with this little project, but I would've enjoyed more an hour documentary hanging out with the cast.

No comments: