Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Random TV Stuff - 6/5/13

AMC's MAD MEN - This season's been nicknamed "Sad Men." It's 1968, and the SCDP folks are living their lives while Martin Luther King Jr. and Bobby Kennedy get assassinated, drugs are on the rise, and Don Draper looks like a man getting passed by.  Only three episodes left, and next season is the last, and I picture that's the one where we see Don gone to full seed.  I'm still enjoying it, but I've enjoyed previous seasons more.  I do like Harry Hamlin's dapper partner as a different ingredient to the management mix.

A&E's BATES MOTEL - Watched the season finale the other day, and I think this show is great.  It ended with a cliffhanger that showed Norman apparently having killed his teacher, but I think we're going to learn in Season 2 he didn't actually do it.  Very interested to see where the show goes from here.

TNT's THE AMERICANS - Still have a couple episodes to watch, but I really enjoy the chemistry between Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys.

No comments: