Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Wizards of Waverly Place

Not too long ago, I pulled into a JiffyLube because the sign out front said "Open bay." Once I was in, I saw the sign was a lie, but I was already there, so I figured, "I do need an oil change; it'll just take a little longer than I wanted."

There was a kid in the waiting room and on the TV, she was watching Wizards of Waverly Place. My 11-year-old loves those shows. Wizards, Suite Life, Hannah Montana, etc., etc.

After over an hour, my car wasn't done, and Kid's parents car wasn't done. After 2 1/2 episodes of Wizards I was ready to smash something. I can only take so much banality peppered with an insincere laugh track.

My brother blogged about the tweencoms that Disney and Nick churn out. They're like Laffy Taffys. They're not funny, but kids think they might be.

No comments: