Thursday, October 28, 2010

NBC's The Event - TV Review

I had six episodes stacked up on my DVR before I decided to hunker down and watch it. The first episode was okay, I figured I'd give it a chance. Likeable enough cast with Jason Ritter, Laura Innes, Blair Underwood and Zjelko Ivanic. By the end of the second episode, where it became clear this was going to be a hybrid of Lost, FlashForward, V, and The 4400, I just deleted the rest of the episodes. The quickly sinking ratings tell me it'll be lucky to get a second season. Eh, who are we kidding? If it can stay above 5 million viewers NBC will renew it.

Side note: NBC's ratings in the 10/9 hour aren't much better now than they were when they put The Jay Leno Show there every night, but it is much more expensive for the channel. it'll take them a while to dig out of the hole they've dug. If NBC had just decided to do it two nights a week instead of five, it might have worked.

No comments: